Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #1

What to Do Next (Durmetric "Fail" Status without a Fault Code)

I'm a Durametric novice. I've been playing with it for a couple of days now and working my way through any detected fault codes. The good news is that they are all gone with the fixes I've done.

I do have a question though. In the Engine Module, I found the following information when I checked the Ready function. It said fuel ventilation status fail. There are no fault codes associated with this. When I activate any fuel related subsystems, they seem to work.

So without more information, I am at a loss as what to do. I can add this piece of information. It's moderately hard fully fill the gas tank. Could this "fail" be related to the flexible fuel lines making the flap hard to open and close?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #2

Garage
thom, this may be unrelated to the durametric fail status, but have you tried fueling at a different pump? I had alot of trouble filling up full tank at every racetrac gas station for some reason, and thought my gas guage was malfunctioning as it would never go to full when the pump cut off. However, at say shell, chevron, quiktrip I never have had this problem and the pump would pump all the way to full. Dunno if that helped but just my two cents.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #3

The hard fill may be related to gas pump pressure. I use Costco and always have difficulty there. it's better at Chevron, which prices higher but has fewer cars pumping per hour. I've heard high volumes stations raise the pressure to increase fuel flow.
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #4

Garage
Yes, that too could very well be a reason.

Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote