Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #1

3.2 upgrade and rebuild

I'm in the process of pulling my 2000' 3.2L due to overheating and potentially cracking a head. I'm looking to get the engine rebuilt when I ran across a company which claims to be able to take the motor from 3.2 to 3.8L by changing internals. They also claim no other engine mods or chip flashing need to occur. I'm a little skeptical! The company Motor Meisters is out of california.

I was wondering what you guys think of this and if there are any reviews/opinions on Motor Meisters? Seems all to good to be true for the price ($7500). Just looking for a little more info before I commit to shipping motor cross country for two months for rebuild.

Any help is always appreciated.

Scott

srohling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Track rat

Garage
Google "motor meister complaint/theft/fraud/crime". They have a long history of unsatisfied customers. Not my first choice for Porsche motor rebuild work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=motor+meister+fraud&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Old 10-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
Contact Jake Raby here if you are wanting to find a reputable dealer who will set you up with what you need.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #4

[QUOTE=srohling;311009]I'm in the process of pulling my 2000' 3.2L due to overheating and potentially cracking a head. I'm looking to get the engine rebuilt when I ran across a company which claims to be able to take the motor from 3.2 to 3.8L by changing internals. They also claim no other engine mods or chip flashing need to occur. I'm a little skeptical! The company Motor Meisters is out of california.

I was wondering what you guys think of this and if there are any reviews/opinions on Motor Meisters? Seems all to good to be true for the price ($7500). Just looking for a little more info before I commit to shipping motor cross country for two months for rebuild.

Any help is always appreciated.

Scott
Take a look at these, LN Engineering Nickies The Original and Genuine CNC Billet ...LN Engineering Nickies The Original and Genuine CNC Billet Aluminum NSC-Plated Cylinders
I live in the UK and will be sending my block etc to them for the 3.6 upgrade.

derfo is offline   Reply With Quote