Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 04:13 AM   #1

Garage
Front engine mount change

Hi all,
For a while, I have heard creaking from the front mount so yesterday, I got round to changing it.
Once the car was up on ramps, it was a straight forward job. This is the one that came out....(Completely split and has seen better days!)

So, swapped the unit out and fitted the upgrade part and the whole job took just over 2 hours.
The most fiddly bit was moving the coolant hoses to one side to squeeze the mount out (sraying them with auto grease helps here!).

The test drive revealled no odd noises, sharper gear selection and a more positive feel - Awesome

The guides on here really helped and it is a easy job if you are average on the spanners.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #2

What did you replace it with? Did you go with a complete new Porsche mount or did you go with the Lemfoerder insert? I'm doing the Lemfoerder next week.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #3

Garage
It was the later spec Porsche 987 part. Considering the condition state of the old part, the later one is a huge improvement!
I did however insert silicone strips into the gaps in the new bush and used 4 rubber bush end caps (usually 2) to help stiffen things up.
She will never go on track so for the street, this will do just fine.