Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #1

Manual cooling fan control

Noticed that my engine runs a lot cooler in lower speeds when the AC is turned on.( Low temp stat installed)
Even though the AC condensors heats the air before the cooling radiators it is a benefit to have the AC on. The AC is really not needed for more than a few weeks in my area ( especially this summer where a lot of rain and cold records where updated) so I am curious to know if there is a way to run the fans w/o the AC compressor turned on. I do think that the fans are controlled by the ECU but can this be hacked into in someway?

spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #2

Similarly I had been thinking that there must be some way to simply adjust the temperatures at which the fans cycle on/off. Presumably this is based on the coolant temperature sensor. Has anyone changed the sensor or modded the control software, and noticed different temperature limits on the fan operation?

teleski is offline   Reply With Quote