Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #1

new boxster owner need advice on exhust please help

hi i have just bought a 1999 2.5 boxster which i must admit im very happy with,
but one thing i would like to improve is the sound of the exhaust, with so many after market pipes available can any one help me choose the right one for me!
i would like it to be as loud as poss (not to worrid if its road legal or not) also would like good sound at low revs as well as high , i have heard that some only come in to there own at higher revs , and with the amount of traffic in london your lucky to get above 3k!!!!!!!! till your out of town then wooooohooo !!!!!
PLEASE ANY ADVICE WOULD BE NICE GOOD OR BAD
many thanks for your time & effort
saintsimon

saintsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:04 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! I spent a couple of years in Northwood - rode the tube to work. But on the weekends - as we would drive out on the M40 past the M25, that's when I would start to relax from the week. You've got some beautiful countryside to challenge.
Not much help on the muffler - mine's stock but I'm reading the threads. Use the search tool on "muffler" "exhaust" etc. and you'll find a good supply of past discussions for specific exhaust systems. Haven't seen too much by way of claims for large power gain, but a wide selection of sounds seem to be available. Good luck!

limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote