Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2003, 09:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Question cdc-s stacker

Considering adding a stacker to the upgraded sound system on my 2000 S. Doesn't seem to have the pre-wiring my 740 has. Any of you blokes know much about this ? Easy ? Dealer ? Forget it ?!!!?? Thanks.

doubl a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 04:24 AM   #2

I would say pursue talking to a dealer or someone who can get aftermarket wiring harnesses. I bought my Boxster a year old and already had a changer installed, so I cant tell you where my wiring harness came from or if it was a completely custom made harness by an installer. Changer is nice. Do yuourself a favor and either have it installed in the front boot or else inside the driving compartment. The Bonet, the back trunk, gets TOO hot and might cause damage to your CDs or other hardware installed in the rear.
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:10 AM   #3

Talking CD Changer

I have had a CD changer in my Jetta for about 3 1/2 years now. I wouldn't get another one, this one has conked out on me too many times and now is more or less just dead.

What I am doing is using my iPod in the car(s) with the iTrip FM transmitter. You can't beat 10 gigs of music at your disposal and no wires to mess with. The new iPods are up to 30GB and yes they do also make them for the PC crowd. Only way to go in my opinion.

You can have your whole CD collection on the iPod, create custom playlists and play them on your car stereo, home stereo, etc.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:20 PM   #4

Porsche does not prewire a car for anything. In the old days we would buy the Becker 2260 changer and in the box was the cable from the radio head to the changer. This changer is identical to the Porsche CDC-3 changer. The 2660 changer has been discontinued, but there is a replacement that is a bit smaller so it is not a direct fit on the factory mounting bracket. You can find the 2260 changer on ebay or get a refurbished unit from Becker. If it does not come with the cable then you can buy it for $75. Jeff

http://www.babblers.org/board/main.pl?read=25728

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote