Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2003, 06:13 PM   #1

Question Brakes bleeding - anything special?

I'm planning on doing one of the PCA's regional driver's ed (track) events and one requirement is <= 1 year since brake fluid replacement/bleeding. I've done this several times on standard "American" cars, but not on a Porsche yet. If you know, is there anything special I need to keep in mind if I plan to do it myself? Any Boxster-specific equipment needed?

donv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 09:36 PM   #2

Brake bleed is just like a normal car. You can do it with a helper on the brake pedal or get the Motive power bleeder. I made my own out of an extra cap and a valve stem. Sequence is RR-LR-FR-FL. Hope my pictures show up as I shrunk them 50%. Jeff
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:18 AM   #3

Question

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. I don't see any pictures... but I've had some trouble with viewing some images here before (browser/OS issue?). Were you able to post/view them?
Old 03-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #4

Where my pictures are hosted will not link to this site so I have to try to use the browse button - but then they never show up when I used the browse button. Either they are too big or I tried to do 3 pictures in one post - but I shrunk all 3 to 50%. I will try this link if you want to see a few hundred worthless pictures. Let me know if it works. Jeff

http://www.986host.com/gallery/ToolPants?&page=17
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 10:35 AM   #5

Hi Jeff,

First, thanks for the info - you seem to always have not only the answer, but the pictures of it to boot - cool!

I was able to get to the posted pics, but I had to copy and paste the URL from your post to my browser. It seemed like the URL was formed backwards - the "text that appears" seemed to be used as the URL and the URL showed as the text that appeared.

I took the liberty of trying to combine your brake photos and post them here to see if it works - hope that's OK.

I'm also trying to form the URL here to see if it works for me:

Tool Pants Brake Photos .

Thanks again!