Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #1

AIRBAG light

After switching to aftermarket seats, i now don't have the plug coming out of the seat...so the plug (technical term) coming from the floorboard doesn't have anything to plug into (duh). IS there a way to trick the plug into thinking its plugged into the factory seat, in order to have my airbags function?!

anti-bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #2

I've can't remember right off hand, but one of the high performance/race shops carry a dummy clip that plugs right into the receptacle. The computer doesn't know the difference. Maybe one of the Porsche salvage yards would sell you the belt clip seperately. If not, maybe you could join the wires inside the receptacle and complete the circuit. I'm sure that's all the clip does. Good luck.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #3

Thanks for the info! Cant seem to find any online...anyone know where to purchase this trick plug??? Or which wires to connect?

anti-bling is offline   Reply With Quote