Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #1

Techno Torque Part 2.

I am leaving my house now to go dyno the techno torque for the last time. The car now has about 200 miles on the techno torque and that should be plenty of time for it to have learned. Stay posted. I will update you all from my iphone asap. Remember only the people that donated to the dyno pull will receive the dyno numbers. My before numbers are posted and immediate after numbers also. If the info gets leaked by the contributing members that is their decision. Stay tuned.. On the dyno at 2pm! Videos to come.

Jay

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #2

Testing is done! Data coming to contributing members when I get home.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #3

Contributing members.. All three of you. Thank you. I have emailed you the dyno graph of todays pull vs. stock. Thank you to all that felt like chipping in.

Jay
Old 11-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #4

Wasn't aware of your project...hope you're happy with the results.

I know Pedro gives a lot of guidance and knowledge on this forum, as well as others; hopefully his Techno-Torque adds to the engine's baseline.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #5

I will assume it was a waste of money and a worthless mod.

Another I can't post data thread.

I did a full NHP exhaust thread posted before and after dyno results and my personal opions as well. Free to everyone.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #6

Every one had the option to chip in. I gave the initial results to every one then some wanted me to re dyno it after it learned. I said I would if they paid and they did. Reults are kept quite to not hurt or help Pedro also. This is the best approach I feel.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
Every one had the option to chip in. I gave the initial results to every one then some wanted me to re dyno it after it learned. I said I would if they paid and they did. Reults are kept quite to not hurt or help Pedro also. This is the best approach I feel.
Understand, I forgot Pedro is an avid member here. I have decided to go another route anyways. Custom made piece and will post when I am done.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
Contributing members.. All three of you. Thank you. I have emailed you the dyno graph of todays pull vs. stock. Thank you to all that felt like chipping in.

Jay
Jay, instead of posting to complain that you only got three contributing members to pay for your dyno and then saying that you were only sending it to them, why not just send it to them and leave it at that? Why create a post to let everyone else know that they were not included in the info? With all the mods and stuff that your car has, and the problems it sounds like you are having with software, your results are probably not typical anyways....but I guess we'll never know, unless we send you some money
fastorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #9

Read between the lines man. You have ten posts. Welcome to the board. mAybe you don't know me. I am not complainig. If you read deeper into my posts you could figure out the three people and ask them for the info. I am not hard up for the 100 bux for the dyno. As for issues with my car????? I don't seem to have any. No check engine lights, leaks etc..... If you have been following and were actually concerned with the out come you should have spoke up. Ask anybody here. I am the first person to hand out my number or send people anything to help them.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #10

I'm still curious of the results if anyone would like to share...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudanova
I'm still curious of the results if anyone would like to share...

Pony up! It all about the Benjamins...

So much for a community forum that was set up to share information about these cars!
funkdefino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #12

To JAAY's credit, the paypal contributions were my idea. He wasn't going to get the second dyno, but for me sending $10 was worth the info. I would have thought more people would chip in, considering how much parts for these cars cost.

-james

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #13

Garage
I installed the Techno Torque 2 on my vehicle. I would love to know what the results of the dyno test revealed. I would be willing to purchase a copy of the results.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #14

I agree with JAAY and what he did. Stop and think about it rationally fastorange and yimmy and read his replies carefully.

Albeit I would like to know the results myself (having slight financial problems are stopping me from contributing for right now) but I respect JAAYs decision and think he made the best choice.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #15

I just refunded all that donated. You guys are unbelievable. So many people here want info and yet have nothing to share. We all like Pedrosgarge.com He is a great guy and has a lot of time into his products and some are on some real race cars. Each car is different and my setup is not what anyone has that I know of here. My numbers are my numbers. Make your own judgments and test the products on your car for individual results. TT was developed for 2.5, 3.2 and 2.7's I tried it on something that there were no claims to make power on. Below are my results.

The Red is my stock original 3.4 swap numbers. The Blue is the Techno Torque installed and the 200 miles on the car. More than enough to learn.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #16

JAAY.. I appreciate your posting, but in essence you were originally correct in your approach to the TT.

It saddens me somewhat that you did cave and share to people who did not take an active interest in this project, yet it was kind of you to refund the money donated.

In turn, it is nice to be able to benefit from the open information but in doing so you upset yourself and financially inconvenienced yourself for all our benefit. For that I am great full that you are a member of this community and your contributions are appreciated by all.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #17

Here's a guy who showed the initiative to conduct a "test" with his own time and mainly his own money, he clearly announced his intents and requests for help beforehand. Now through the "pissing" of some posters he's said "screw it, here you go". Some of you guys are incredible.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdefino
Pony up! It all about the Benjamins...
So much for a community forum that was set up to share information about these cars!
so much for not over reacting

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #19
Engine Surgeon

Do you have a plot that was done in power Vs RPM??

Thats not a very strong 3.4 at all.. even on the better plots. What intake and etc are you running on this engine? Based on the dips at changeover and the powerband I think I know.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
You guys are somethin else. If I'm not mistaken, Jay paid for the first dyno after installing the technotorque on his own coin, and posted the results. That was all he was going to do, and then some people wanted him to do a second dyno after 200 miles, so as to confirm his results and let the ECU fully adapt to the TT.

He agree to do the second pull if people helped him pay for it, even though he wasn't planning on doing the second pull, and then he did the pull even though he only got a fraction of what it cost to do the second dyno pull. Then, he gets jumped on because he's trying to give some value back to those few who actually paid him to have the second pull done. Man, you guys should cut him a little slack.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote