Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #1
Forum Member

2.5 Boxster Servicing

Hi Guys, I am newbie with this car. I will be purchasing a boxster soon and wish to know what to look for.

I could do with some advice on servicing-what are the service intervals, any cambelts need doing? Are there any weak points to the car like the convertible roof, Panel alignment and engine problems(if any)
I am going for a '98 2.5 boxster in Artic silver/Guards Red.

I have wanted one for a while so can you lot give me some info on what to look for it would be much appreciated.

I am currently driving a Fiat Coupé 20 V Turbo which is nice but it ain't no Porsche Boxster so it's time to change

carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #2

As you probably know already, besides this site there are several forums or websites available with Boxster info. One I found particularly helpful before I purchased mine was http://www.986faq.com/ . What is so helpful is that it is organized by topic... the content may be somewhat "aged" in some areas but probably still very timely to the year you are considering. Good luck with your purchase!