Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #1

Garage
987 suspension mod question

Just finished a DE at VIR--great fun-- and after the event it seemed clear that a suspension mod of some sort is in order.

The car is a 2006 2.7L with PASM and Sport Chrono. Going through the climbing S's, it seemed that I was getting more body roll than I'd like, making me think about changing sway bars. I didn't notice this at Mid-OH but there is nothing at Mid-OH close to the S turns at VIR, which require successive quick steering inputs at speed.

Assuming the shocks are still good, any suggestions on sway bars or other components to minimize body roll?

thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited by MikenOH; 11-09-2010 at 10:15 AM.
MikenOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
SBD

passing this on- There is a new set of shocks and springs off the new spyder at plant-9.com for sale
This should lower the car apx 20mm. it is a stiffer set up.
I would also recommend the gt3 swaybar and tarret links for the front. most people run the bar at full soft, if you run it on a stiffer setting you will get push/understeer. Unless you can run a wider tire-255,265,max285 . good luck.

SBD is offline   Reply With Quote