Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #1

Engine compartment fan always on

Sigh... didn't think that I'll be posting on yet another problem so soon...

I found that the engine compartment fan is now on permanently when I start the engine... I thought it was strange when I started the car from cold and it came on immediately.

It's been a whole day now and the fan comes on everytime the engine is on. Luckily, when I switch the engine off, the fan also goes off. I've not noticed it coming on (as before) when the engine is off and the compartment still hot, but that could be due to compartment temp being lower since it's always on when the engine is on.

Anyone knows where the sensor and or relay for this fan is ?? Is this a common problem ?

shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #2

i think the sensor is between the intake runners
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #3

Strangely, today the fan is not permanently on....

I guess now I need to monitor to see if it comes on at all ! Just took a short trip and it didn't come on. man, getting paranoid over these things...

On a different note - I had a look at the front radiator intake and it looks like I have 2 a/c condensors - each side has 2 layers of radiators. I also managed to take alot alot of leaves out from the 2 intakes. Darn, where are the kids when I need them... their hands and arms should be small enough to slip into the intakes (if they're willing to do it)

shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote