Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 01:04 AM   #1

Help water on floor

Okay folks im going outta my mind here , after a coolant dump i decided to investigate and found that my 2nd pressure cap was faulty and that my expansion bottle had a crack in it.

So while i was repairing the above i replaced with the help of a very good friend the complete clutch system and all rear cv boots and repaired and tested the bottle and fitted the new cap , so i fire her up for the first time and all is fine , she warms upto 80 degrees , i turn her off and alls good.

I then 30mins later put her back into the garage shut off to find water dripping from the drivers side rear wheel area again , but this is cold water , im now at my witts end any ideas please and thnx in advance.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

Did you have the AC running?
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:01 AM   #3

Sheep - you may have air trapped in the cooling system and it's expanding and forcing coolant into the overflow.
There is a bleed valve located under the plastic cover below the oil filler / coolant filler caps. Open the D ring to its vertical position and run the engine for at least 3 or 4 heat cycles (or maybe a few days) of normal driving. This will expel any air locked in the system. Top up the coolant as required with the correct mix ratio.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #4

Thnx Steve & Blue

yep ive been all over the underside today checking pipes whilst she was clear off the ground on 4 axle stands and running i took her upto and held 3k for ages bringing the temp up and shut her off with no leaks , so i reckon your bang on Steve i thought this was but have been running her for 2 to 3 times now with the same resulting drips.

Going to do a long run this week and see what happens will post here the outcome