Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #1

Running Catless

Just got my car back. Turbowerx headers succesfully installed with no cel. Thanks so much Wicky with Renntag Motorsports in Nashville, Tn. You are the man!!

I knew with PSE and Fabspeed by-pass pipes, it sounded good, but never thought the flat six could sound like this....And talk about power....damn this car will chirp into second gear with not much effort and runs like hell now...The sound is just pure race car!

Please understand if you do these mods, be prepared for a wild crazy experience when you put the pedal to the floor!! Also no that it may not be for you. I barely drive my car and when I do, I play. If you drive a boxster everyday, I wouldn't do it unless you like loud.

You can control the db levels, but it just gets so damn addicting to push it to the floor, you forget your unleashing a dragon when you do.

In addition to this, I also got the RoW M030 installed and it really centers the car well. Nice aggressive stance and very quick steering response. Can't wait to do a long drive down some twisties now. Car tracks perfect.

Will post picts once I have a chance. Jon

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
Schatten-Baum-Mechaniker

What did they do to keep you from getting the CEL?
tommy986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #3

Audi guys connect a $1.30 diode to the secondary cats and it seems to get rid of the CEL. It drops the O2 voltage down to .45 and fools the computer into thinking the cats work (exist). I will try it on mine when I install the headers in a couple weeks. Lets see if I can dig-out a link.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #4

He backed away the sensors themselves from where you plug them into the headers. This way they would not be reading the direct flow of the exhaust. No reflash necessary to do this.

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote