Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2005, 07:16 AM   #1

Garage
Gas Filter Replacement

I need to change the gas filter on my '98, Is there a Step by Step procedure out there for the DIY / shade-tree mechanics like me. Any pointer may be a world of help...

Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #2

Sorry, no answer - just another question. Speaking of DIY, is there a repair manual available for the Boxster? I googled around (Haynes, Chilton, etc) but didn't see anything. For things like fuel filters and brake pads it sure would be nice. Anybody got any thoughts?
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #3

Even before we bought our Box; I memorized almost all of this gentlemen Skyler's site:

http://www.realtime.net/~rentner/Blog/B600322026/index.html

I also got the illustrated parts CD from Suncoast, so I at least have a clue where stuff is buried. I'm so used to carbs and distributors all right out in the open (have a '62 Dodge MIL ambulance that I can stand in the engine bay..) that I'd find this a little daunting.

....and DON'T YOU DARE wear that belt buckle you won Bull riding anywhere near this car!

jim
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #4

Garage
Thanxs for the web link....that's good to know when things are needed to get replaced...however I've already seen where it is....I just need to know how much tear down and in what order to perform the actual replacement.....A maintenance manual is not a bad idea either.....
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #5

I have used the alldata site which gives the user access to the entire porsche manual set online, which you can easily navigate through end even print off or download to a disk. It cost $25 per year for the first vehicle.
porscheguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #6

I also need to replace mine. I had the car on the rack and easily saw where it was, but for the life of me cannot see how to get it out without removing the coolant lines. I have had the new filter for about six months now and would like to get it on.
porscheguy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #7

Wetsuff - the Skyler site is awesome. thanks for the tip.

limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote