Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #1

Zeintech Top Seriously Considering

I am seriously considering this top. after removing the Convertible top it only adds 65 lbs. uses same spin locks as the oem hardtop. real automotive glass. rear defroster. etc......

Has anybody ever seen one in person??

CONS: Its made in South Africa???? I'm kind of scared to deal with a company that far away. cost $3,500

http://zeintec.com/products?pid=1#img

Old 02-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #2

Do a thread search on zeintop and you'll find a half dozen forum members with them.

After lots of fitment fiddling, everyone seems to love these tops. One day when someone sells one for next to nothing and it's painted black, I'll buy one and turn my box into a Cayman.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Do a thread search on zeintop and you'll find a half dozen forum members with them.

After lots of fitment fiddling, everyone seems to love these tops. One day when someone sells one for next to nothing and it's painted black, I'll buy one and turn my box into a Cayman.
Thx, that sounds like positive feed back.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #4

I'm also considering the zeintec for next winter. The price of the top drastically decreased from years ago. I just need to sell my oem hardtop first but the good news is, the annoying spinlocks are in
DANMKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANMKII
I'm also considering the zeintec for next winter. The price of the top drastically decreased from years ago. I just need to sell my oem hardtop first but the good news is, the annoying spinlocks are in
As bad as I want one. I can't get myself to drop that much money on one. So, how much do you want for your Hardtop? I'll buy it from you.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #6

Gonna buy one this summer
www.design911.co.uk, they also have have them.

I'm also gonna buy the zeinvents, but I have to buy them from the company in south africa. The only reason why I'm not buying the zeintop directly from them is:
If you buy an item outside of Europe, then you have to pay tax. That is 25%.

So the price is the same, but I save 25%

I'm just looking for a cool spoiler.
Anyone got some ideas? It needs to be fitted on the original.
I don't want to drill any holes for it

Best regards
Kim
Kim-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #7

Zeintech going out of business

I have a 2005 Boxster S and have been thinking about a Zeitech top but just went on their website and it looks like they are going out of business.
Airjosh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #8

Garage
They are not going out of business, they are out of business.

My understanding is that there will be a domestic supplier/manufacturer of these type of tops in about five weeks. I was told that they are waiting on glass so that the first run can be sold.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
They are not going out of business, they are out of business.

My understanding is that there will be a domestic supplier/manufacturer of these type of tops in about five weeks. I was told that they are waiting on glass so that the first run can be sold.

Z-Art is planning on moving/starting production of a similar top in Canada for~$3500 CAD.

The following is from another post.

"Hey guys, Z-art automotive are relolocated from Switzerland to Saint Paul Alberta/Canada. Andreas Zeinecke the owner of Z-Art is the Inventor of that Boxster hardtop (zeintop). Z-Art automotzive are well knowed for modifing 996 and Boxster into 997 and 986 look.The reproduction for 986 and 987 Boxster will starts soon availability of the top in 8-10 weeks. All tops are made from modified OEM aluminium Porsche tops including a fiber glass hatch. Tops are ready for paint, more than 80% of the top are original Porsche parts. For more information and pics pls. mail or phone Claude 1.780.645.8449
Z-Art automotive setting up his new home page soon.
mail: zeinecke@bluewin.ch
or Welcome to Facebook"

"price will be roughly 3500.-- CAD"
Old 07-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #10

Liquidation Of Zeintec

FROM THEIR WEB SITE......

LIQUIDATION OF ZEINTEC:
UNFORTUNATELY ZEINTEC IS IN THE PROCESS OF LIQUIDATION!
AFTER 5 YEARS THE WORLD ECONOMIC CRISIS HAS CLAIMED THE ZEINTEC BUSINESS AS WELL!
EVEN THOUGH ZEINTEC MANAGED TO RESIST IN THE FIRST 16 MONTH OF THE CRISIS BY REDUCING COSTS, GRANTING DISCOUNTS (TO KEEP SALES UP) AND INCREASING EFICENCY, WE EVENTUALLY HAD TO GIVE IN FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- DRAMATIC DECREASE IN SALES
- THE SOUTH AFRICAN RAND BECOMING STRONGER AND STRONGER, WHICH HAS EATEN UP ALL EFFORTS TO REDUCE PRICES AND KEEPING SALES UP
- QUALITY ISSUES IN PRODUCTION
- SUPPLIERS CLOSING DOWN THEIR BUSINESSES
SIMPLY TOO MANY ODDS TO BEAT.
WE APOLOGIES TO ALL OF OUR CUSTOMERS AND PARTNER WHO ARE BEING AFFECTED BY THE SITUATION. WE TRIED OUR VERY BEST!
THE ZEINTEC TEAM
AS SOON AS WE KNOW HOW THE PROCESS WILL BE HANDELED WE WILL PUBLISH RELEVANT INFORMATION.

Lanman is offline   Reply With Quote