Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #1

Alarm only opens driver side door in 2002 boxster

Hello,

I am having a problem.. when I hit my alarm button only my driver side door opens. And the red light on the 'lock' button is red. Also, when I try opening the passenger door the window doesnt go downwards to 'clear' the way for it to open.

Sometimes when I use my alarm it unlocks my passenger door.. other times I get the problem listed above.. does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

gjin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #2

It sounds like your door lock assembly on the passenger side may be going out. You should be able to buy a salvage one for a hundred bucks or so if it's faulty.

You can test it by dropping the top and the windows and reaching in and locking the doors from the dash switch, then attempt to open the passenger door from the outside.

When mine went out, I discovered that I was unable to lock the passenger door with this method.

Now whether or not this has anything to do with the regulator, which makes the window drop a bit is not something I can comment about with any confidence. They may be related, but I don't think they are.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote