Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to Matt Fredrikson
Control Arms on Ebay?

So I'm shopping for new control arms online right now and ebay has a few good ones perticularlly these.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-Boxster-911-Front-Control-Arm-97-98-99-00-01-02-/230445402546?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a79dc9b2

or these

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Porsche-BOXSTER-Control-Arm-Arms-Ball-Joint-97-98-99-01-/350192310906?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5189169a7a

The first link is for one while the second is for a pair. Any thoughts? From what I've been reading there parts are junk and I should just bite the bullet and buy OEM.

I was going to go Urethane but waiting to hear back on stock for them.

Oh ya and also not sure if these will work for a Litronic car since I don't know what the deal is with the sensor on the control arm???

Last edited by Matt Fredrikson; 05-14-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Matt Fredrikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #2

I would never buy anything from Deutsche Parts USA again. Do a search on the forum and you'll see lots of similar feedback on how horrible they are.

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #3

I ditto the idea of avoiding Deutsche Parts USA. Their stuff wears out far faster than factory parts, and boy howdy that's saying a LOT.

Vertex auto sells good remanufactured control arms (polyvinyl/polyurethene inserts) worth purchasing and they're good about customer service in my experience. Check them out.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to Matt Fredrikson
So Design 911 UK sales has the powerflex bushings in stock. Comes packaged with the contoll arm to body bushing as well so I can change them both while the arm is out. I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea to do the track arm bushings at the same time? My thinking is if the lower bushing is toast the upper prolly isn't far away. I have a hydraulic press at my shop so pressing the bushings in and out isn't an issue, anyone ever buy from them with good success? They estimated 7 days for shipping to Vancouver sounds about right to me?
Matt Fredrikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #5

Matt F,
I bought a pair of drop links from Design911 a few months back and was pleased with their service and the drop links themselves. My shipping was 18 pounds and I got them the next day via FedEx. I thought it would have taken at least several days.
I also got burned by DoucheParts USA- twice.

derb is offline   Reply With Quote