Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #1

1999 Boxster Wheel Rash

I just picked up a 1999 Boxster, very clean. I am putting a new top on it and the only other problem I have is some minor curb rash on the wheels. I thought I would prep and repair it with touch up paint. What is the matching color, I cannot find a reference to it in the owners guide. Where can I get the paint? Where might I find any guidelines on how to best do this? I see very little here other than where to go to find someone else to do it or to go buy new wheels Thanks in advance.
MET

methies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #2

If the wheels are silver then the color is pretty standard. I believe that Wurtz supplies the paint. I, on the other hand, cleaned mu wheels up and instead of spraying them the original silver, I sprayed them Arctic Silver and clear coated them. Most any good paint supply shop can mix up a pint or so for you. I personally think that the wheels look a lot better than stock. It is an easy job as long as you work clean. Ed

cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote