Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #21

I have always been interested in this twin turbo setup. They say it will not destroy the motor..... but i have my doubts.

http://www.turbowerx.com/index.html

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #22

Jake has shown what forced induction does to a M96 motor without his upgrades...

D chunks out of the cylinder walls o-plenty!

I'd be more than happy to put a turbowerx turbocharger on a Raby race-prepared motor though...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #23

Send a message via MSN to Gerardo de Kort
I do agree that boost will destroy a stock boxter but for that matter in can destroy a raby prepped one too. The important factor is how much boost.

About 2 years ago I opted for a the Twin Turbo kit by Turbowerx. My reasoning behind this is that for the amount of money I could spend trying to make the stock boxster (intake, headers, exhaust etc) I thought the turbo kit was a better deal. Oh yes, the mere fact of having a twin turbo boxster also had something to do with it.

The kit's turbos came preset at 5psi if I remember correctly. I did the install myself (three weekends but I really took my time). Once every thing was in place I was given the green light to adjust the wastegates to 6psi.
I'm quite knowledgeable about car but did not know anything about turbos (and still don't really). What I do know is not to overboost.

Yes, 600hp is very tempting (as we have a few Cayenne Turbos on this tiny island) but I have my doubts whether the only thing I'll need is the Raby engine. Other parts may not be up for the challenge (ranging from clutch to tires).
Ruf 18" wheels with Michelin PS2s premounted and balanced.
Turbowerx Twin Turbo kit (self installed)
Ruf lowering springs.
Gerardo de Kort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #24

Garage
if money was no object... I would pick up a 997.2 3.8L motor and twin turbo charge it. then it would be a beast that only a crazy man would try to tame. I would probably die trying.

There is no replacement for displacement... but when that runs out turbo it once or twice then replace body panels with carbon fiber or fiberglass. wide body kit with some nice fat tires. i think it would be buck wild.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #25

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
GT1 engine and transmission!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote