Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2002, 05:26 PM   #1

Short Shifter

Does anyone have any experience with a short shifter kit? I am thinking about getting one, but hate to purchase, "sight-unseen;" or in this case, not knowing what the results are as it would be difficult to "testdrive" without purchasing/installing.

ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 09:58 PM   #2
Unregistered

I have helped put a few in. Evo and B&M. Gave up posting pictures here. Then I get to drive the cars. I do not have one as it does nothing for me with my driving style.

B&M is our local group choice. Some say this is the way the car should have been made.

You need to find another owner with a shift kit and try it out to see if you like it. But then you need to drive for some time so that you get use to the change.

Jeff
Old 12-14-2002, 07:29 PM   #3

Thanks Jeff.

You mentioned having trouble posting pics. have you tried using the http:// button above?

Also, why don't you register and join in. A lot of good info and great people.

Ed
Old 12-15-2002, 03:06 AM   #4

Talking Pics

Just browse to a pic on your local hard drive, that should work. No need to have it hosted externally. That should work if things are working correctly here.

Jorge, care to provide some insight?

EDIT: Yep, works for me. This is Kylie Minogue, what a voice! Pretty hot babe from Down Under with some great music.

Last edited by mjbliemel; 12-15-2002 at 03:08 AM.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 06:23 AM   #5

I had forgotten Kylie can sing. I have noticed she has posed with a few cars -- mainly fords.....

back to short shifters!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #6

b&m short shifter

I have installed it on my 98 Boxster, I like it alot more then i did the stock and would never go back. i guess it's more of a preference to how you like your car. if you race it and drive it hard then i would highly recommend it. but if you just putt around driving daisy, then leave it be. i have also installed a b&b tri flow muffler on my porsche but didn't really feel any kind of difference (besides the noise). i found it hard to hold conversations so i switch back to the stock. i've noticed it to be alittle harder to engage into gears (barely minimum) but i think it gives it a more precise feel to shifts. but my opinion is i would highly recommend it.

hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote