Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #1

TechnoTorque Dyno Runs. My take.

I want to thank and commend Jaay for having gone out and tested (dynoe'd) the TechnoTorque on his own dime.
I have stayed quiet during the whole testing because I didn't want to interfere at all.
It needs to be independent third party testing.
But, the people who have dyno-tested the TechnoTorque (Jake and Jaay) have both tested it on applications where I don't make any claims whatsoever (generally larger-than-stock-displacement engines).
The TechnoTorque was designed for the 2.5 L Boxsters and the TechnoTorque2 was designed for the 2.7 and 3.2 L Boxsters.
Testing them on higher displacement engines without incrementing the air intake may have had the not-so-good results discussed.
My intention was never to try to develop a HP breathing beast (I wish I could) but I am realistic and know that these cars will only allow for very moderate gains in power/torque .
On the stock 2.5, 2.7 and 3.2 engines that's what you obtain.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Old 11-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Engine Surgeon

Pedro, the last round of data I sent to you was from a bone stock 3.2 engine.. The others have been 3.2s taken to 3.6 liters.

I agree that these are not the best test beds because their desire for more volume is critical and at 3.6 liters the stock 3.2 intake is already creating a compromise, adding another variable to that is most certainly going to have an impact.

I am saving the rest of my testing time on this development for the engine dyno lab so we can gather more data about WHY the changes are occurring rather than just seeing the change.

Kudos for making the TT a reality, having options is a very good thing!
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #3

Older thread, but in researching the archives... found this thread.

So, I understand that Jaay's 3.4 lost power. Did the stock 3.2 that Jake tested lose power as well with the Techno Torque 2?

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #4

I am curious about this for a stock 3.2 as well... I had the IPD plenum on my 1999 996 and could definitely feel the difference in seat of the pants driving. Unfortunately the IPD for my Boxster is way pricing due to the throttle body change. I was going to consider the Techno Torque 2 instead. What was the result on the stock 3.2?

David - San Jose, CA
Current: 2010 Touareg V6 TDI, stock for now...
Current: 2000 Boxster S, stock for now...
Former: 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo... too many issues!
Former: 1999 996 C2, sorely missed
Reborn996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #5

anyone know?

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote