Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #1

Techno Torque has arrived.

I have not installed it yet. I want to head over to the dyno, possibly tomorrow if I can find the time and they have an opening. I will photograph and shoot video of the dyno for the base line and the techno torque pulls. I am not going to re-dyno right away. I want the computer to adapt to the new piece and then go back. I know it will not be the same conditions but if there is a mid range jump we will be able to see it. If anybody has any insight that maybe I should just dyno it and then install it and then re-dyno right away let me know if this is the better way and not to wait for the ecu to adapt. I will keep you all posted.

TO BE CONTINUED.............

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #2

Garage
the anticipation is palpable... but really im interested alot in how this all works out
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #3

A few photos. I believe I will be heading over to the dyno this afternoon.

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #4

I will be waiting to dyno until my 160 stat comes in on friday. So hopefully monday I will hit the dyno..
Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
If anybody has any insight that maybe I should just dyno it and then install it and then re-dyno right away let me know if this is the better way and not to wait for the ecu to adapt.
I would highly recommend that you let the ECU adapt to the new part by driving the vehicle in different conditions between 30 and 00 miles.
Also try to do the two dyno runs under the same conditions and by the same dyno operator.
Changing any of the variables can affect the results positively or negatively.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #6

Garage
My Techno Torque arrived today as well. Gee, with a name like the Techno Torque, I wonder if Ron Popeil had anything to do with helping Pedro design this item ?????
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #7

Thank you!

Quote:
I have not installed it yet. I want to head over to the dyno, possibly tomorrow if I can find the time and they have an opening. I will photograph and shoot video of the dyno for the base line and the techno torque pulls. I am not going to re-dyno right away. I want the computer to adapt to the new piece and then go back. I know it will not be the same conditions but if there is a mid range jump we will be able to see it. If anybody has any insight that maybe I should just dyno it and then install it and then re-dyno right away let me know if this is the better way and not to wait for the ecu to adapt. I will keep you all posted.

TO BE CONTINUED.............
Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #8

I think i may have to dyno the piece right away. Of coarse I want the car to learn but!!!!! If I go back for a second session the price of my techno torque will double with 2 seperat dyno sessions. At that point I have a ipd lined up for a few dollars more. Do I keep the techno or buy the ipd?
Old 10-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
I think i may have to dyno the piece right away. Of coarse I want the car to learn but!!!!! If I go back for a second session the price of my techno torque will double with 2 seperat dyno sessions. At that point I have a ipd lined up for a few dollars more. Do I keep the techno or buy the ipd?
I've actually seen people having issues with the IPDs...
Have never heard anyone complain about the TechnoTorque. It should give a perfect fit too, since it's based off of the original OEM part.

Issue with IPD: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/183101-ipd-plenum-red-paint-chipping.html

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
If I were you, do the dyno, put the part on, do another dyno... post those results and start a collection for the "learned" dyno. As long as it's not against forum rules, I think a lot of people would chip in $10 to find out.

-james

'01 Boxster S, 51k miles
'05 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Wagon
yimmy149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #11

I would be impressed if I could get a "learned" dyno in a week after putting it in with help from the members. I would email my info with video and graph to thos of you who are willing to do it. I believe the hour costs me 100.00. I will be dynoing at nolimitmotorsport.com this is where we tuned my buddies gtr. Post up if anyone wants to do this I will provide the outcome.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #12

Quote:
I would be impressed if I could get a "learned" dyno in a week after putting it in with help from the members. I would email my info with video and graph to thos of you who are willing to do it. I believe the hour costs me 100.00. I will be dynoing at nolimitmotorsport.com this is where we tuned my buddies gtr. Post up if anyone wants to do this I will provide the outcome.
I am all for this. Sign me up and please let me know how much money I need to send to make this happen. At current I am on the fence as to whether or not I will opt for the TechnoTorque or RSS's IPD Plenum. Both Johnny and I have talked an awful lot about this matter and I am sure he along I would be heavily interested in seeing the results. Keep me up to speed.
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #13

Ten dollars ten members. I am not taking this money to play but for OUR own info. My paypal will be given out to those who want the info. The more that pay up the less it will be. 100 dollars is all we need
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #14

JAAY...sounds good let us all know how it pans out

and take a picture of your black exhaust while you are at it
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 AM   #15

My paypal is NOT TO BE POSTED ON THE FORUM. I will not say who has given towards the learned dyno fund. I will be completely honest and let you know how much I have received to not over fund the dyno. If you feel better by posting how much you have donated that is fine too. Just be ready for others to ask for the info. This way members will not be asking anybody specific for the results. I will post video and the before numbers and the immediate after numbers. Once I get up to 100 dollars I'll drive about 100 miles and head back over to the dyno for the learned hp numbers.

Last edited by Brucelee; 10-23-2009 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Member safety
Old 10-23-2009, 06:03 AM   #16

I took the liberty of editing out your PayPal name.

This was done to protect YOU.

My suggestion is that if you want to move money around and use your PayPal account, use the PM function of this forum or direct phone/email routes. Security experts routinely advise to never give this kind of info out in a public setting like this.

Make sense?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #17

okie dokey.. Thank You.

Dyno possibly today for the baseline.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #18

Monday @2pm Dyno testing the Techno Torque.
They had no openings today.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #19
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Monday @2pm Dyno testing the Techno Torque.
They had no openings today.
Jay, just curious- you're doing this Dyno to test the TechnoTorque against the claims that it adds a little Torque, right? Cause unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Pedro claims ANY increase in hp, just Torque. The IPD Plenum claims increases in both HP and Torque.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #20

I am just doing this to end the questions on this piece. I just want to see if it has any merit. This can go 2 ways. Either it works or it doesn't. I am not doing this to bash Pedros product just to help it out. If it produces positive numbers on TQ/HP he is going to have a good holiday season If it does nothing than I will not be posting up much on it. No matter what people are still going to have there opinions, I just will have facts for my car at least. Good to hear from you. I still want my stereo to sound like yours.. LOL