Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 08:45 PM   #1

99 Boxster Engine Light

Does anybody know where i can get a hold of a Mass Air Flow Sensor, Cut Off Valve, Temp Coolant Temperature sensor?

I took the car in to the service shop and the service car said I needed all these things for a small fee, which was going to cost 1300 bucks........

9eightysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:21 AM   #2

Try www.rockautomotive.com

Might help out on the price side.

Good luck

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 06:36 AM   #3

9eightysix,

The same thing happened to me last week, brought it in to the dealer and they gave me the same spiel..exact same problem..BUT..

theu told me thqat I did not need to to replace it....would cost $740 in parts alone..the people at the porsche dealer just turned off the light...and said that there was nothing wrong with my sensor but that it only intermittenlty causes the check engine light to come on... does this make sense??

is this common in the 99 boxsters..??? any ideas??
dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #4

Cool thnx DZ - Do you know how he disabled the light in the car? Also from hearing from people here n there...well I guess people opinionated that the Porsche's are notorious for minor to big problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennizxxx
9eightysix,

The same thing happened to me last week, brought it in to the dealer and they gave me the same spiel..exact same problem..BUT..

theu told me thqat I did not need to to replace it....would cost $740 in parts alone..the people at the porsche dealer just turned off the light...and said that there was nothing wrong with my sensor but that it only intermittenlty causes the check engine light to come on... does this make sense??

is this common in the 99 boxsters..??? any ideas??

9eightysix is offline   Reply With Quote