Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #1

eibach lowering springs problem

We put these pro kit springs on last summer and just the other day was looking underneith now I see the front sway bar is rubbing on the control arms on both sides it actually wore in to them has anybody else had this problem ?????

rd400rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #2

maybe if you took a wheel off and got a picture or two of the linkage, bar and control arm, somebody may offer some better insights.

good luck,

kj
Boxster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #3

lowering problems photos

Here are some photos after the lowering the sway bar is resting am the control arms and rubbing on them and has wore into them a bit not good
Old 07-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #4

lowering problems

Here is another photo when you jack the car up there is plenty of clearance between the sway bar and control arms but not when its on the ground ?may have to lenthen the sway bar links cut and weld some extra lenth to them or add spacers to the sway bar mounts i think these springs dropped it 3 " eibach says it should only drop a inch no more I think they just say that
Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #5

check the way the sway bar is mounted - stock, right? I think it goes over the control arm, not under it.

kj
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #6

Just looked it up at 'Pelican' site. They have a PET diagram available on the home page I think - upper left hand corner. Go to '97- Boxster and find page 122 or illustration 402-05 for the "stabilizer" position. If yours is upside down - just flip it over and you're in business.

good luck,

kj
Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #7

lowering problem

Thanks just looked in my bentley service manual your right its on upside down ,who ever put the lowering springs on must have put it on upside down
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #8

Good - easy fix - DIY. You've got the Bentley and all the torque specs.

BTW, I don't think anybody needed to remove the stabilizer bar to change out springs.... maybe just disconnect from the links. Maybe some other work was done as well?

congrats,

kj