Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #1
Forum Member

Sport package vs sport suspension

I'm looking at a private party 2000 2.7 Boxster. The owner says it has the sport package. I want one with the 030 suspension. What can I look for to verify this?

ultralight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 05:14 PM   #2
Regional Moderator

They are different--"sport package" is a set of options which has little to do with "sport" (windstop, cruise control, alarm, 17" wheels).

Look for 030 specifically on the car's sticker, or maybe someone else knows if you can find it on the car somewhere.

BTW, 030 shouldn't make/break your deal on the car. Really a small difference, and besides, if you are really serious there is a set of "ROW 030" components for aftermarket. (Rest of World 030--stiffer and lower than the 030 they sell here, and I think better tuned to the damper rates as well)
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
Forum Member

Charles, thanks for the reply. I need the 030 equipment specifically rather than aftermarket as only factory equipment is allowed for B-stock in SCCA. While I might buy the Boxster anyway, I would offer less because the 030 parts alone are $1000+ and several hours of labor for the install. The car is very low to the ground. From that I would suspect it has the 030 option however it rides quite well on rough city streets so? Is there a code on the car that might tell?
ultralight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:13 AM   #4

Like Charles says, look at the sticker. It is on the back side of the front trunk. It has the VIN and all the factory options. You are looking for 030 in the series of numbers that follow the VIN. Jeff

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote