Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #1

Cool Kreissieg F1 VT Exhaust on 987?

Hi All,

Have anyone tried the Kreissieg F1 VT Exhaust on 987? How was the installation? Any advice? I just love the sound of this thing!

Boxster 987 Kreissieg F1 VT Exhaust

Thanks.

ottofung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #2

Sounds wonderful. Have you seen what they're charging for it??

I doubt there's been too many takers at that price...
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #3

Smile

Yes, noted the price. That's why I wanted to ask what to watch for if I am going to order and install it, given the price tag...
Old 11-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #4

I'll be very envious of you if you buy one, an absolutely wonderful sound. I have been to their website many times watching / listening to the video clips, it's an easy way to lose an hour or more of your day.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #5

If that price included headers, it would be worth considering. Without.... I don't know.... that's SERIOUS money for a cat back exhaut.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #6

$6500 is a LOT of money for an exhaust on any car, especially a boxster.

Get the Porsche Sport Exhaust and take the rest of the cash and bank it for inevitable future, out-of-warranty repairs.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
$6500 is a LOT of money for an exhaust on any car, especially a boxster.

Get the Porsche Sport Exhaust and take the rest of the cash and bank it for inevitable future, out-of-warranty repairs.
Well I did talk to some mod dealers and they said the Porsche Sports Exhaust has no sound. I might as well not buy it (PSE) to save the money for the inevitable future.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottofung
Well I did talk to some mod dealers and they said the Porsche Sports Exhaust has no sound. I might as well not buy it (PSE) to save the money for the inevitable future.

You're getting misinformation. The PSE is one of the best sounding exhausts for the Boxster. It's quiet at idle, but then as you rev the engine it opens up the by-pass valves to really give it some sound. It's a similar setup to the by-pass valves on a Ferrari (although a completely different sound) or the by-pass valves on this Kreissieg exhaust. Check out YouTube as there should be videos of the PSE on there.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
indeed. During normal driving, the PSE is quiet, when u step on it, it opens up. Its not always loud like a stebro race exhaust that rattles your entire interior with drone
PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #10

I watched a few PSE video it's pretty pathetic, IMO...

anyway, I still like the kreissieg better...I will try to post some information about it when I get mine...keep posted.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #11
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottofung
I watched a few PSE video it's pretty pathetic, IMO...

anyway, I still like the kreissieg better...I will try to post some information about it when I get mine...keep posted.
If you hear the newer PSEs in person (the ones for the 987), it is actually pretty good. Nice throaty sound, and no annoying drone in the cabin. Granted, it does not scream as loud and ferocious as the Kreissieg exhaust does (which makes the Boxster sound like a Ferrari), but some may prefer the car to sound more like a Porsche (and not a Ferrari), which the PSE does accomplish. If you can afford the Kreissieg, I say go for it, and let us know how you like it. Hopefully, it will not exhibit the same sort of annoying, ear deafening drone that so many aftermarket exhausts have.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #12

A forum member I know has a 987 3.4 with the PSE on it. Sounds great at idle, under hard acceleration, but when he's decelerating at speed on the track (coming off a 125 mph straightaway into a sharp turn) the PSE just hisses loudly.

... which infuriates him considering he paid $2200 extra for it.

I tell you what though, if I shelled out $6 large for an exhaust system for a boxster, the dadgum thing should make my motor sing and have zero resonance. Period. And I would demand the manufacturer and reseller put that in writing and guarantee to pay for the de-installation and shipping back to the seller as well as a complete refund.

I bet if you wait 12-18 months, that exhaust system will cost no more than $3k, which is what happens with everything it seems.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #13

finally ordered the Kreissieg exhaust for my boxster, now waiting for its delivery...will keep the group informed.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #14

Don't forget to post pics and videos!

You make me feel a lot better to fork out the $ for PSE in spring time.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #15

Wow. I'm very interested to see how this turns out.

I have an AWE exhaust on my car and am considering going to a valved unit instead to get rid of the drone factor between 2500-3000 RPM that all of the non-valved aftermarket exhausts reveal. PSE is too tame and the only other option I knew of is the Capristo system.

Now, the Capristo one is a full exhaust system including headers, and for the same price as this offering from Kreissieg, but the install is a bit untidy and I'm not sure if Capristo has fixed some of their fitment issues. While I can't see spending $6500 on a cat-back system only, I'd love to hear how it turned out for you.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #16

I know why this is so expensive... this is Japanese ********************!

I can see a lot of people spending $6k on exhaust for a ferrari/lambo but for a boxster I'm not so sure.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/kreissieg-m-204.html
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #17

See, I KNEW I should've bought a Ferrari--the Kreissieg exhaust for the F355 is only $3,798.99!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #18

Smile

just a heads up to the group that my kreissieg has finally arrived, will try to get it installed within the next 10 days or so...
Old 03-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #19

Smile

I have finally installed the Kreissieg exhaust, I have posted the pics and video in a new thread.

Kreissieg for Boxster
Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #20
Engine Surgeon

I continue to gather very interesting data on the PSE on engine after engine, car after car...

The data I have is pretty damn amazing from both the dyno as well as my R&D logger thats portable between cars.. 0-60 times and 40-80 times are interesting to lay over each other with different exhausts, to say the least.

Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote