Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #1

Need a Mechanic in Port Saint Lucie, FL...

If anyone knows a good Porsche mechanic in Port Saint Lucie, Fl please let me know. I think I have blown my engine. I was just home on leave from Iraq, and was driving my 1998 Porsche boxster home on Thanksgiving when I pulled in my driveway, and my wife said there was smoke coming out of the vent on the side. After she sadi this I smelled oil.

About 2 seconds later, oil drained from the car

Needless to say, I am back in Iraq and I need a good mechainc that I can trust.

If anyone knows a good mechanic in my area, please let me know.

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited by CRTLMB; 08-03-2015 at 04:23 AM. Reason: DELETE
CRTLMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:21 AM   #2

Carl,

Good news is it may only be your Air/Oil separator that has failed. A not so uncommon occurrence and far less to repair than a new engine... I'm certain the forum will be able to find a mechanic in your area.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Engine Surgeon

Have that baby shipped to us... Its only a few hours to our shop from that area of Florida....

The problem may be the AOS, but if it is internal we can update the engine, get more power from it and make sure it doesn't fail again.

The AOS usually has different symptoms than you mention, but odd failures can occur...

Unfortunately, if the issue is internal, not many independent mechanics can repair the engine (fewer will choose to do the work)

The Boxster and 996s are our specialty:-)

(and being a Former Marine myself, I'll give you a military discount since you are serving our country in a really big, really sucky sand box- I am a Gulf War vet)

Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote