Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #1

Best cats to buy?

Scargo and Dansk make some. I have heard that 150 cell cats will trigger the cel. Any suggestions?

Old 01-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #2

Someone just got dansk cats on here and did a before and after dyno pull with some pretty good results. I can't think of his screen name for the life of me right now. It was recent though...within a week so you may want to do a search for the post. Have you ever considered just doing away with one set of cats completely? Here is a link to a cheaper and possibly better alternative if you aren't concerned about emissions regs. Click on boxster and check the bottom of the page.

http://www.fabspeed.com/
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #3

Adam, thanks. The more I learn the more I questions I have. Too few Boxster modders out there...but it's getting better (at least on some boards like THIS one) sneers at other boards..
I too read the good results but no reponse about passing smog or check engine lights etc..I think you would gain more on a 3.2 by really opening things up than a 2.7. I read the new 2.7 that makes 240h.p. is a better intake design, bigger throttle body and ecu. There is hope for Stuttuners!