Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #1

Smile Boxster suspension

CALLING ALL BOXSTER SUSPENSION EXPERTS

Without going to the trouble of re-inventing the wheel, excuse the pun.
I would like to sharpen the handling / cornering of my 2000 S but the real world
has to be addressed, I.E. potholes - off camber - and general bad road surfaces.

I would greatly appreciate any help or guideance in this endeavour, i consider the Boxster to be just a fabulous sports car in the true sense of the word, and for the average Joe, perfect, but iam on this forum just like all the other enthusiasts.
To make a great car better :-)

Thanks for any and all help.

mario_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #2

I installed the ROW030 on mine (2001S) and am very happy - although, since you are in Canada I wonder how your stock suspension differs from stock US models.

It slightly lowered the car but stiffened it up enough to be noticeably better handling. In my opinion, it is just about right for a street car and the everyday bumps and potholes that I encounter. I didn't go with coil-overs because I don't track the car and won't need the adjustability.
Ofishbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 AM   #3

Might not be reinventing the wheel but certainly reinventing a conversation we have had here a few times. Poke around the forum a bit, maybe use the search tools, you may only need/want something like the MO30 RoW set up, many happy owners with that upgrade here.

Check these out too:

KSport Coilovers: All About 'Em
KSport Coilovers: All About 'Em

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #4

for a primarily street setup (w/ occasional auto-x / track duty), you really cannot beat the RoW M030 for the best combination of handling and comfort. it's also not terribly pricey. with the S, be sure you get the M030 rear sway from the BASE boxster rather than the M030 S; it's a bit stiffer & makes the car more neutral.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #5

I'm NOT a suspension expert...but I drove quite a few cars before getting the one I have.

Mine came with M030 (US version) as a factory intalled option. It rides a bit rougher, but corners MUCH flatter/better than the standard suspension cars I tried out.

I would echo the above comments - the M030 is a great setup. You don't get beaten up like you would with a race setup - but it's VERY tight and handles great.

I LOVE it. combined with 18's/good tires - the handling is out of this world.

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote