Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkboxster
some exhasut can loose Horsepower!
My theory on exhaust is to get the most proven/respected one for this reason. I would really like a Fabspeed exhaust (full pref. but the headers aint cheap). This is another reason I really didn't like moding my s2000. An AEM intake was about 300 bucks, but because of the vtec system, it wasn't very good at adding power. A good intake for an s2k ran from a grand up wards (some went up to 3k...for a cold air intake!). The best exhaust for it cost about 2500, even if it didn't add any power it weight 12 pounds versus the 45+ of the stock.

Adding an exhaust is a cheap way to get power...if you get power....for cheap

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracktimeplz
Id remove that sticker on your bottle, Nitrous is not flammable, its making you look like a fool to anyone but ricerboyz who dont know any better.
Hahaha... what makes you think that's nitrous? I never specifically said it's nitrous, I just alluded to that. This is actually a collector bottle connected to a sphincter vacuum system in the driver's seat. So, yes, it is most definitely flammable gas. I just don't want any released in my car, I HATE that. To be honest though, I only got the single seat system. I bowed out of the dual seat system as my girl rarely passes gas and better not do it in my Boxster!

Here's a link to their website explaining the system.

http://www.gascollector.com/single_sphincter/info.htm

Also you obviously never saw the movie Fast and Furious. Dude, that Eclipse SO blew up when the nawz bottles ruptured!!!

Kirk

1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote