Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #1

Warranty Direct?

To anyone who has a Warranty Direct warranty, and has had to use it for either gearbox or engine replacement, how painful or painless was the process?

I am considering purchasing one for my Box, and I specifically asked the sales guy on the phone how these issues were handled, and he said that as long as the cost of the repair is not greater than the value of the car they just eat the repair cost. I asked in the case of engine failure, if the replacement would be a factory new crate engine, and he said if you took the car to a dealer then yes. He said the same with regard to the gearbox.

Can anyone here verify this? I'm just a little untrusting of sales people in general....

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #2

Patrick
I wouldn't trust a word they say. Im replying on my cell phone right now so I don't have the direct link but do a search by my username and you can see my post where they are screwing me. When I get home Ill post the direct link in case you can't find it. BEWARE OF WARRANTY DIRECT THEY WILL ABANDON YOU ON THE BIG STUFF.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #3

Here's the link to them denying my claim for an engine despite it being clearly covered in my contract:

Warranty Direct is awful
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #4

Guess I'll write this idea off the list. The only two things I'm really concerned about are the gearbox and engine. If they are going to fight me if/when I have a claim for one of these issues, definitely not worth paying for the warranty.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience, and hopefully litigation makes you whole again.

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #5

Not the fist time that a member here has an issue with WD.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote