Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #1

eBay strut bar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/996-986-BOXSTER-RACING-STRUT-TOWER-BAR-RACING-STYLE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a635Q7c39Q3a 1Q7c65Q3a12QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem18 0256376224QQitemZ180256376224

The cheaper short shift kits from eBay seem to be as good as the more expensive ones and I'm wondering if the same is true of these strut bars that are half the price of a Schnell bar.

Anyone have an opinion on this strut bar?

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #2

I don't know... looks okay to me. Maybe it's not super high quality, but the function should be exactly the same as the more expensive strut bars. It's not like it's a load bearing structural piece. With the stock strut braces already there I wonder how much load you'd even see with the addition of an aftermarket unit. Plus it's not a moving part. Thus, with limited function, the lower quality is less relevant.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #3

Others have said the front strut bar does make a sizable difference in how the car feels when going through turns at speed. I thought of adding one since the price is half of what they normally sell for.

Kirk, thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what I was thinking, but I don't trust my judgement when it comes to boxster bolt-on parts just yet.

Other opinions?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Others have said the front strut bar does make a sizable difference in how the car feels when going through turns at speed.
On a front engine, front wheel drive car, YES. On a boxster? Probably not much of a difference if there is any.

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote