Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #1

Cargraphic Wheels fitment

New Boxster S owner here and ignorant when it comes to the technical side.

I just picked up a set of Cargraphic Racing Wheels but I forgot to check the offsets before I bought them. I also thought they were mounted on a 986 only to realize that they were on a 996. I got them for a good deal so even if the don't fit I should be able to resell them and not lose any money. I know the rear wheels are going to be a close call but here is what I have:

2001 Boxster S (stock)

Cargraphic 18" Racing Wheels

front 18 x 8.5 et 37
rear 18 x10.5 et 52

Will these fit and what size spacers will I need?

Thanks

Wingnut2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #2

You'll need 7mm spacer in the rear to get down to ET45. As to the front, I have no idea if an ET37 8.5" wide wheel fits. My BBS RSIIs are 18x8.5 and ET45 and fit beautifully, I suppose theres a little room to push the wheel outboard a little bit, and I guess if they were installed on a 996 they'll fit a 986. You will absolutely need the 7mm rear spacers, however.

Bolt em up and see how they fit!

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #3

Just re-read and noticed you said 18x10.5, not 18x10 as I first thought. That, I'm not sure on. I know a few guys are running 10.5s in the rear, but I think you're going to be awfully wide to get enough inner clearance that you'll be either flush with, or outside the fender. Probably fine at stock ride height, and if you're into that look, but if you go to lower you may run into problems.

Patrick

Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote