Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #1

UPDATE to HELP message: High idle on 02 Boxster S in Austin

I have a '02 Boxster S with Tiptronic (32K miles) which suddenly started to idle higher than usual when in "Park" mode. First at 800, then 900, then 1000. In Manual or Drive mode it seems to idle at 800. After a few days the Check Engine light came on.

I would appreciate any input/ideas on what the problem is? Don't want to take it in to the dealership and pay big $$$.

Also, anyone know of an honest mechanic in Austin, Texas?

Thanks.

In follow up, I took the car to Autozone and they found 2 codes: 1128 and 1130. After looking at the PCA web site and the posts on this forum, it seems it is most probably the MAF sensor. I am thinking of replacing it, instead of cleaning it.

Any advice?

It seems like there are 2 types of sensors: with E-accelarator and without one. Is there a way I can tell the correct part for my car?

Thanks,
Camron

2nd update.

Cleaned the MAF and then it started to spew smoke at start up and have a small amount of smoke during driving. Took it to the dealer. They fixed the Oil Separator and now the car is running fine. They also changed the oil. Cost extra.

cm02s

Last edited by cm02s; 04-23-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: More information
cm02s is offline   Reply With Quote