Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 03:23 AM   #1

Anything to do to lower tiny bit?

I might be getting some new wheels, 19" and so i was wondering...im not that familiar with suspensions...is there anything that can be done to just slightly lower the car? maybe anywhere from 5mm-15mm? obviously i'm asking about lowering it WITHOUT getting lowering springs, etc. Just wondering if there is something that can be adjusted or played with or some cheap add-on that can lower the car a tiny bit for looks. And i know someone will reply with "ghetto cuttin it" and i'm not cutting my springs so thats out of the Q also. any input? thanks

ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #2

The only two options I know of are lowering springs and coil overs.

The coil over option will allow you to adjust it exactly where you want within a range. Mine allow for half an inch to four inches.
I am at 2 inches lower than stock and there are Boxsters on this forum that are lower than mine.
BTW I have 19s also.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #3

thanks gary...i'll look into this tonite. is there a specific brand that is cheaper? i'm not looking for performance just a little looks...seems like an expense for just looks.
ut_cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ut_cougar
I might be getting some new wheels, 19" and so i was wondering...im not that familiar with suspensions...is there anything that can be done to just slightly lower the car? maybe anywhere from 5mm-15mm? obviously i'm asking about lowering it WITHOUT getting lowering springs, etc. Just wondering if there is something that can be adjusted or played with or some cheap add-on that can lower the car a tiny bit for looks. And i know someone will reply with "ghetto cuttin it" and i'm not cutting my springs so thats out of the Q also. any input? thanks
You can always go with the ROW 030 springs, it will lower your car at the most 1/2" but still have a very nice ride. I lowered mine with Eibach springs and that was just a little over 1"- 1.25" ride is okay. I would imagine anything more would severely reduce ride comfort.

Last edited by boxs2000; 04-08-2008 at 08:52 PM.
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote