Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #1

Boxster 987S accident damage

A month ago I was hit while stopped at a traffic light. The vehicle that hit me swerved away at the last moment but caught me fairly solid on the passengers rear bumper The body shop that I went to did a fantastic job! Excellent work!

As part of the repair, they removed my muffler to check it out and then reinstalled it with all new gaskets. My question is that before I brought the car into the shop, I carefully inspected it and noticed that the muffler collection point (see picture) was about 1.5 or 2 inches away from the transmission support (see picture). The car was louder when I drove it to the body shop. Now it is quite again but the distance between the muffler collection point and the transmission is only about 1/2 inch. Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kelsey; 02-12-2008 at 04:09 PM.
kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
bmussatti

Kelsey, for a "true" comparison, you need to look at another 987S and see what it looks like. When you took the picture it was after the accident, so maybe it was damaged (pulled further apart) and now, after the repair, it is in the right spot.

Did you make, or get, a diminished value claim against the car that rear-ended you? Maybe you can't get this in the great State of New York.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #3

Responce

That was also my thought...next step was to evaluate the distance on another car. Thanks...

PS ...Yes I am investigating the Diminished Value Claim. I'll let you know how it turns out.

kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote