Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 07:52 PM   #1

Problems with my 2000 Boxster maybe electrical?? HELP!

Hi, I have been having problems with my Boxster, Just bought it a couple months ago and only drove it maybe 3 days out of the month. It is a 2000 triptonic with only 53,000 miles on it. It was driving fine until one day I seemed to think I had ran out of gas and the tank still has a little less than 1/4. The car stalled on me luckily by my work because I had a meeting to attend. After the meeting the car started I filled it up with gas and then it stalled on me again. I had to wait another 30 minutes until I can start the car again. Then it stalled again and had to wait almost an hour for it to start up again. After a few hours I finally made it back home, read online about people's fuel pumps and relay going bad, so I had the Fuel filter, pump and relay replaced, same problem. It doesn't show any check engine sign or anything, just stalls on me like it runs out of gas and turns off and all the lights light up and then turn off. I did notice it happens when I slow down or make a turn. My mechanic looked at it and he believes it can be something electrical, has anyone ever experienced something like this before? or any suggestions?? If so please let me know I would really appreciate it! If you have any questions for me, please ask. Thanks! :ah:

tkokick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #2

The only thing that comes to mind is maybe the alternator is going bad....I've had that happen to me with a friend's car. I was the one driving and the lights would flicker on and off,....I was lucky to get home before the car died......once I changed out the alternator the car was fine.......but your case sounds a little different because the car just kept starting back up???

I'm sure one of the other folks will chime in to help you out.

Good luck with that! Keep us posted!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #3

Car Stalled and Won't Start

Happen to my car this weekend. Car stalled five times while driving and won't started back up until an hour later. It happen when the car got hot. I changed spark plugs and fuel filter but it still's doing the same thing. Did not get any code fromOBDii Scanner. I'm bringing the car to the shop next week. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

tkokick- Did you ever figured out the problem with your car?
miketa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to bermuditis
I've had that problem with other Porsches I've owned due to grounding problems. It may be as easy as getting a new grounding cable. If still having the problem check your battery. I like the optimas if you have replace it.

Last edited by bermuditis; 04-28-2008 at 11:41 AM.
bermuditis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #5

If you're still on the original plugs, I'd change them. The service interval is 60k mi., but I'd never go that long - 35-40k max for me.

1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote