Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2004, 09:05 AM   #1

Battery

Where is my battery located? what kind should I replace it with?
Thanks,
Automon

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #2

The battery is located in the front trunk, just below the windsheild in the middle under a plastic covering above where the spare tire is. There are 2 little twist lock thingy's that hold down the plastic covering.

As for what type of battery to replace it with, are you referring to brand? I dont think it matters, I have an interstate battery in mine, but I am sure any other brand would be fine. Whatever your preference is. The OEM battery was not sealed, my replacement is.

Good Luck,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:15 AM   #3

It appears that it may not be the battery it is kind of weird when I turn the key the warning light are dim and the car won't turn over.
I then turn the ignition to the off position and try again and the warning lights will come on bright and the car starts without hesitation. to me it sound like an ignition problem but the problem that I have with that is that I just replaced the ignition 6 months ago and it is hard for me to believe that it is bad again. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks,
Automon
Old 09-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #4

I think you have a 1997. What battery is in the car? Charge your battery then thake it to any place that sells them. They will do a load test. If you need another battery. http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2950

It does almost sound like another bad switch. So first rule out the battery.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:53 AM   #5

The car is now dead in the garage so i will have it towed to the dealer this week. The when you try and start the car the lights are dim and it appears that the car is receiving half power, I had the car plugged in all weekend and it is still doing the same thing so I think that it is the ignition.
Automon