Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #1

A Key Component

So when I bought my 01 Boxster it came with the two button key (for alarm). But after having owned the car for a few months now, and having seen what's out there for this wonderful car, I am wondering has any body replaced their key casing before. I know that you can open it up pull out the blade and PCB set very easily but will the thing still work in another casing? I assume so as long as the push buttons line up right? Just curious to see if anyone else out there has gone this route, before I spend a little over a $100 for a pretty plastic casing. Thanks all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130183213182&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

-VICTORY3

victory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #2

$10.00 for first class mail postage? WTF!! What a ripoff. For $129 bucks they should take that 3 oz item and send it UPS for free. At least Priority mail. I hate eBayers who make shipping as a profit center.

If this a genuine Porsche product you should be able to get it from Suncoast Porsche much cheaper. From the reentech.org site

Factory Porsche Parts, Tequipment and Selection (Boutique) All at Dealer Cost Plus 15% Handling and Shipping Cost -- No Sales Tax!

Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost
Phone: 1-800-346-0182
Email: porscheatcost@****************************************************.com

I have gotten clear side markers and and other asst parts cheaper from them than most anyplace else.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #3

2001 should have a 3 button remote.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
SGR

I replaced my key casing with an original porsche part. 2000 Boxster. It came with two. Still have one if you are interested. Brand new.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #5

SGR yes I would be interested in your extra casing, do you have any pictures that you could get to me? Der Ghost thanks for the links will check out for sure.

-VICTORY

victory3 is offline   Reply With Quote