Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Question Front Suspension Diagram, Camber components specifically

I was wondering if anyone has a diagram or exploded view of the front suspension camber components, I'd like to see how they are attached to the rest of the suspension so i can figure out why my front drivers side wheel camber is adjusted out to the MAX but still has too much negative camber on stock suspension.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #2

How much is "too much" negative camber? Maybe its just the angle, but I would say, just looking at the avatar/sig picture, that your car looks lower than stock.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #3

It just looks that way, its stock height. probably the angle of the camera. I forgot what the alignment machine said but i do remember it was just 1 degree within what is acceptible but is far from perfect.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
It just looks that way, its stock height. probably the angle of the camera. I forgot what the alignment machine said but i do remember it was just 1 degree within what is acceptible but is far from perfect.
I'm sorry I may just be unable to follow.. What would "perfect" be? Are you looking for 0? -.5? -1.0?

I, for one, could never get enough negative camber into the front of the car. I maxxed out, iirc at -0.8 degrees camber in the front.
1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #5

Thats weird cause have too much negative, i forgot what the alignment machine said was perfect but it does give a range and in the middle of that acceptible range is the sweet spot.... the perfect camber and with my camber bolts pulled all the way out to towards the fender, Still not good enough... Maybe my lower control arm bushing at the chasis if warn out... that would allow the control arm to stick out little more than it should, i guess.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 12-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
Just like on RennTech, until you post the actual numbers from the alignment rack we are all just guessing here. Within "just 1 degree" means nothing. The allowable range for camber on a Boxster is pretty narrow, and the alignment rack operator doesn't always enter in each specific car's allowable range anyway. So you might be making a meaningless comparison.

Post the actual numbers and we'll determine if there is a problem.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #7

CJ, mine is the same way because someone ran it into a curb before I bought it. Hope this isn't your problem.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote