Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #1

Unhappy Battery light problems

Hey,
Sometimes when I drive the battery warning light blinks from bright to dim for few minutes and then turns off and once in a while does it few times when driving. A week a go I had a long drive about 6 hours and at night the light started blinking again and didn’t stop for 15 minutes then ABS light starts doing the same thing then Air Bag light….then all illumination light for speedometer start going dimmer and dimmer, headlights went dim too ….so I start exiting the highway and while turning I head this quiet but still easily noticeable “clunk” noise and all is back to normal like it never happened . After that I got a couple blinking battery light few days later…..I will get the battery checked but I was wondering what else could there be? And I don’t know if it matters but every times I start my car, for headlight and heater/AC to work I need to turn the key maybe 1/8th of an inch back so it would click once the car is already running. Thank you for help

blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
bmussatti

Blue, could be the ignition switch. As these go bad, they can cause a whole host of electrical issues with our cars.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Blue, could be the ignition switch. As these go bad, they can cause a whole host of electrical issues with our cars.
I hope its not...but if the battery turns out good then i will have to do something about it....As far as the ignition switches are they separate from the lock? meaning would i have to replace/fix something that is separate from the lock where i put the key in or would it be where whole thing all together?
Old 12-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
bmussatti

Blue, there is a ton of info here regarding the ignition switch. Just do a few searches. Here is a very recent one to get your started:

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13822&highlight=ignition+switch
Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Blue, there is a ton of info here regarding the ignition switch. Just do a few searches. Here is a very recent one to get your started:

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13822&highlight=ignition+switch
i was day dreaming in this moning i have no idea why i didnt do a search.....thank you