Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
HB.

Front strut bar just installed

On Thursday, I received my Schnell front strut bar. I finally got the chance to install it earlier today. I ordered it through www.****************************************.com originally I ordered a silver bar, but they were out of stock so they gave me the option of choosing a black bar or a carbon fiber bar for no additional cost. I decided to go with the carbon fiber.

Just as others have said, installation is straight forth, and only took about 10-15 minutes. I did have a small amount of time to drive the car after the installation. I can honestly say that the bar does change the handling characteristics. Turning feels a bit quicker. I didn't really push it around any turns, but one thing I did notice going around one elevated turn about 55mph was the rear of the car didn't feel in sync with the front of the car. I believe that once I add either the mid or lower bar, that will correct that feeling. Overall I love the new mod, and I look forward to tieing down my other struts.

But for now here are a few pics

Gotta love that cheap battery...hey it came with the car

Taken right before I tightened the covers

HB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #2

I always wondered what those looked like when installed. Thanks for the photos.

roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote