Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #1

Alignment Question

I read a thread last week about Che's replacement parts for the front suspension. One of the pieces was adjustable and replaces a non-adjustable piece that Porsche put on the car.

Here's my most recent alignment results. The shop owner said he could not bring the car into complete alignment due to a previous owner hitting a curb quite hard.

I have had one pull performed on a frame straightening machine and it corrected a lot of the subframe issues up front. I am wondering if anyone knows enough about these sorts of things to give me some advice.

New adjustable suspension parts up front to correct this or take it back to the body shop and have them do more frame straightening?

BTW, no need to post that I should take it back and make them pay for fixing it right. I paid for and received one pull and it's been two years since they did the work.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #2

Honestly, though the numbers are slightly out of "Porsche spec", they are not very far off and I'm not sure I'd even bother with the expense of purchasing whatever adjustable component you're thinking of, then having the car aligned again.

The toe was able to be corrected (which otherwise might have increased your front tire wear), and the camber looks decent at all corners. I'd just drive it and enjoy it.

There is no substitute.
Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote