Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
Forum Contributor

A/C problem

You all seem you know what you are doing on here so let me ask you a question. When I have my A/C on hot air comes out. When I turn it off a very loud noise happens about 5 mins later. when I turn it back on it stops. Any Ideas? Just seeing if anyone of you have had this problem.
thanks a bunch

92 968 - Husband's Car
Boxstergirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:02 AM   #2

Looks like no help for you, Boxstergirl. AC problems are beneath the notice of a true sports car enthusiast. That's how Porsche got away with crappy AC on the 911 for all those years.
Just shut the damn thing off, and drive with the top down.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:06 AM   #3
Forum Contributor

That is what I thought. I was just going to take it out like my husband just did on his 968. I live in ohio and you really don't need A/C maybe a few weeks out of the year. I like to find the cheap way out. It will also make it a bit more lighter so I might have a better chance on the track against the bigger more powerfull Porsche.
thanks
92 968 - Husband's Car
Boxstergirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:30 AM   #4

Mine was blowing hot and the dealer replaced the O rings... 10 bucks each plus four hours labor...$450.00 by the time it was done.

Worse yet, they replaced them three times to get it right as Porsche put Boxster labels on 911 A/C O rings and they didn't discover it right away. Grrr.

One thing you should know about A/C is that if you don't fix it and use it once a month, it will go bad and then when you do want to use it you'll be paying out the butt to get it fixed. You may not want it, but when you sell the car, the next owner may want it and it may make the difference between a hungry buyer and no buyer whatsoever.

Just something to think about.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote