Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #1

Too Low!!!

Just got my car back from getting a face lift unfortunatly it is way to low with the current setup I am running.. I want to keep the same "stiff" ride but get another 2" or so ground clearance (the eibachs dropped it at least 2" with the bumper and lip I'm about 2" off the ground ). What are my best options for keeping the ride as stiff as possible while raising it up a little. I currently have the ROW M030 struts and eibach springs, would the ROW M030 springs raise it up much from where its at or would it be better to go with the US M030 springs. Is any other springs or full out suspension kit than can help me out here!

cosmetic-
gt2 bumper w/evo lip, TA side skirts, factory yellow painted interior, 18" turbo twists wrapped in AVS sports, 6 pack mp3
jordan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 AM   #2

If you switch out the Eibachs, you will probably only gain about 1/2" more clearance. If you need the 2" more of a clearance, switch back to stock springs. You cant have it both ways. You should consider going with an upgrade on your torsion bars.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #3

You might want to look into an adjustable coil over suspension set up. Although I don't know how much height adjustment the kits, have, I do know they offer some adjustability. The more you raise it up, the worse the side profile will look. What kind of cow catcher did you put on the front to make it so low?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:46 AM   #4

I'll post some pics tonite (that is if I can make it home without ripping the bumper off) gt2 bumper with a evo lip (I am planning on taking the lip off but it will still be way too low)
cosmetic-
gt2 bumper w/evo lip, TA side skirts, factory yellow painted interior, 18" turbo twists wrapped in AVS sports, 6 pack mp3
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan986
I'll post some pics tonite (that is if I can make it home without ripping the bumper off) gt2 bumper with a evo lip (I am planning on taking the lip off but it will still be way too low)
When I had mine put on, I had to leave the lip off. I just made a lip myself that would be flexable and would absorb some of the curb rash and rubbing. It's still low, but I can clear most speed bumps and inclines, not to mention the 3 inch tall curb into my garage. My car is not loweed at all, and will stay this way for that reason. Let me know if you would like to know how to make the rubber front lip?
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #6

I learned the other day how low my car really is, i dropped a can of Coke and the side skirts kept the can from rolling underneath the car.

Saying this I have never (knock on wood) rubbed my car on an incline or speed bump, I do watch everyone of them and take all inclines at an angle, but remember i live in flat Louisiana.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #7

well i measured its aprox 2.5-3"
pics are posted here
http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/12738-first-pics-post-fresh-out-body-shop-yellow-gt2.html#post112035

cosmetic-