Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #1

P1324

I have spent a couple days reading through the various forums and I have to say it has been very informative.
Here is a little problem I have with my 2000 boxster. After I had an engine swap done the following error code showed up.

P1324 Timing Chain out of Position, Bank 2 - Below (or Above) Lower Limit
I was able to erase the error and passed the WA emissions.
The car has been working very well for 2 years now without any problems.

Now that it is time again to pass emissions I scanned it again and two more errors showed up.
P1397 Camshaft Position Sensor 2 - Signal Implausible, Short to Ground, Short to B+ and P1115
After reading through the different forums I will be able to take care of the P1115 problem (thank you for that)

Are P1324 & P1397 related to each other?

The car has been running fine. The only thing I have noticed is that once in a while after starting the car a cloud of white smoke comes out of the exhaust. But the exhaust returns to normal after a second or two.

I talked to some local mechanics about the problem with the P1324 error but nobody really knew how to fix it. One has told me that he will have to drop the engine to even take a look at it. Is that true?

Any help is appreciated.

Hans

hharzl is offline   Reply With Quote