Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #1

Lowered Boxster aftermarket bumper options need asap??

Looking for any recomendations on a bumper or kit for my boxster... car is currently sitting at pfaff autoworks awaiting my decission.

The car is lowered with eibach springs forget what kind of struts but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with lowered boxsters and aftermarket bumpers.

currently I am interested in the gt2 front bumper and TA skirts from http://www.precisionporsche.com/boxkit.html

any help on this decision would be apreciated as I am unsure if will be too low and just hit everything

also forgot to mention eibach says its aproxx 1"-1 1/2" drop and I also have 18" rims so that may or may not affect the ride height to my advantage

Last edited by jordan986; 05-28-2007 at 01:01 PM.
jordan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #2

I am running a 1.5 in drop on the ellbachs, with a aftermartker gt3 bumper. My rims are 19īs. I have no problem at all with rubbing or anything else.

Videos of my car are here
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gwhand

Pictures are here
http://www.pcars.us/viewalbum.php?a=412

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #3

all I can say is wow you've got one nice boxster sounds so nice!

the gt3 bumper looks like its prob not as low as the one i was looking at but at least it gives me something to go by!

thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 06:49 AM   #4

I have the GT-2 front bumper from the same place you posted. It looks great and fits good too, but the front lip that it came with cannot be used in everyday driving. I have 18s on my car and it is not even lowered and I could not go down or up ANY curbs or high inclines with it on. So I had to remove it and use a flexible rubber lip in it's place. It still rubs some times. But if you did not put that lip on at all, the bumper would be fine and there would be no rubbing. So if your car is lowered as you stated, I would NOT put the extra front lip/diffuser on the aftermarket fron bumper. It will sit too low to the ground.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #5

thanks guys for the input just placed the order for the gt2 kit with the TA skirts it comes with the lip but as you say I'll probably have to take it off... Ill post some pics of the finished product in approx. 3 weeks (if all goes according to plan)

cosmetic-
gt2 bumper w/evo lip, TA side skirts, factory yellow painted interior, 18" turbo twists wrapped in AVS sports, 6 pack mp3