Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #1

My babies got new shoes!

I just got my new shoes slapped on, 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5 Ruger Sport R10's, Toyo TR1's 235/35/19 fronts, and 275/30/19 rears, along with a set of Eibach springs. How do they look? I noticed some of you guys also bagged on the Stebro exhaust system so I went against the masses (no sheep) and have one of those coming as well, and the price was very reasonable, I will let you know how that turns out when it arrives and is put on the car. Anyway, wheel, tire, and spring pics for now! I figured i would also throw in one of the ol-beater 914-6!

Old 05-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-DUB
I just got my new shoes slapped on, 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5 Ruger Sport R10's, Toyo TR1's 235/35/19 fronts, and 275/30/19 rears, along with a set of Eibach springs. How do they look? I noticed some of you guys also bagged on the Stebro exhaust system so I went against the masses (no sheep) and have one of those coming as well, and the price was very reasonable, I will let you know how that turns out when it arrives and is put on the car. Anyway, wheel, tire, and spring pics for now! I figured i would also throw in one of the ol-beater 914-6!
Car looks great! But do the rear rims hang over and out by a few millameters? Maybe 1-2. Looks like it. My car had this to and after a few months the lip had a few chips from road debri. Like rocks and stuff. You may want a winder tire in the rear to completely cover the width of your new rims. Like a 285/30/19 size tire. Those combo wheel packages always give you tires that just barely fit the rear rims. The rear tire treds will also ware down faster in the midle with those 275s on the rear. Just my 2 cents. I'm speaking from recent experience. I left mine on until the they needed to be replaced. Only took about 11 months. Then I replaced them with the 285s. Looks great though!

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 05-23-2007 at 02:07 PM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Looks really nice. I like.

What kind of cover is that for your rear vents?

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #4

Thanks guys. The tire does actually cover the rim on the outside, but just barely. I am sure it will get banged up anyway when my wife curbs it! Man I hope not! The vent cover is a mesh one I bought off of e-bay. The grille looks great, but the mounting idea sucks. I got them and the front end kit yesterday and only had time to put the rear vent covers on last night. I think i am going to figure out a better way to attach them to the car, but I will keep them on as is until I figure something else out for attachement (ideas are welcome). Also put on the spoiler that a few of you have (the ducktail deal that replaces the original) last night, and it looks good. Once the exhaust gets here I will figure something out for the subwoofer next.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 PM   #5

Awesome. The stance is perfect.

The "beater" doesn't look too beaten, either.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #6

Car looks hot. Great choice in rims. How much for the package and from whom? Who did your springs?
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #7

I really like the body color and top color combo. With the rims it looks super slick.

Now you just need to de-amber.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #8

De-amber? Anybody going to donate money to this pit? I would, but i have to draw the line. I go through cars like I go through Hendricks gin! The wheels and tires came from Peter at getyourwheels.com and were about 2300 clams. The springs too came from evil-bay. I have too much time in the office! Thanks for the upward thumb on the 914-6, it gets way more looks than the boxster, believe it or not!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #9

You can de-amber sides and tail for $300. Don't know about fronts.

I love the 914-6. I wish I had one of those in my stable.... ok I don't have a stable I have a garage but a man can dream.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 AM   #10

car and stance look great.
the offset on the rears looks especially good.

it looks like the tires are too narrow for the rims though. the sidewalls are angled in. i would say the rims are .5" too wide for the tires. or you need 10-20mm wider tires.
humara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
oo man, that is sweeet.
love the look with lowering and the top color. looks really nice man.
i hope you didnt spend more than $2 on the mesh in the grilles, couse u can make those yourself for that much money.
i have the mesh too, but inside the grilles, and little slits cover it, so it cant bee seen, plus its painted black .

nice ride man, i like it a lot
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-DUB
The grille looks great, but the mounting idea sucks. I got them and the front end kit yesterday and only had time to put the rear vent covers on last night.
Is the mounting for those the two zip ties and a wingnut type thing? I saw a video of the mounting on youtube and it doesn't look real stable to me.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:50 AM   #13

Smile

Looks good man. You are one step ahead, my baby is waiting for her new shoes next week. Already sold the old ones.

01 Speed Yellow Boxster S
- Tip
- PSE
- C4S Cluster with new style OBC
- 18" with 7mm rear spacers
- Litronics
- Fully de-ambered
- LED taillights
- Aluminium Pedals
- Integrated Garage Door Opener
- 986 emblem
- Yellow brake calipers with Brembo stickers
- Yellow center console
- Aerokit II wing & trunklid
- Eibach Pro springs
In memoriam: Black 935 Street
LowFlyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #14

I love the lip on those rear rims....looks mean!! I'd just get rid of the amber, little by little....are you getting colored caps? I think they make a huge difference, altho being that your car is silver...the blacks don't look bad
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #15

The lip on the rear wheels is 4" deep! There is just enough room to fit a blonde public hair between the caliper and wheel, but it looks fantastical in person! I have the rest of the grille pieces on now. Yes it's the zip tie wing nut deal. It hold pretty good believe it or not. They look great coming down the road, and cheap sitting int the garage. I can take them or leave them. I am done spending money on this one, and will probably move on to the newer body style in a year or so, so I don't want to sink any more unrecoupable cashi in this. Send pics when you get that yellow one back on the road, I always like new wheel pictures!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:06 AM   #16

Send a message via MSN to jteixidor
Thumbs up

Nice shoes! Did you have any trouble putting on the 19 inch. I have a 2001 and worried that the 19 might cause rubbing. Where did you get them and did you have to to any offsets. Thanks
Joshua
jteixidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 AM   #17

You had to go and lower it...and with similar wheels!
That is the one mod I really would love to move forward with but I cannot pull the trigger given the cost for the coil overs and the fact that I do not plan on keeping it that long either.

I will just continue to live vicariously through those that lower and remain one of the crowd with a 4x4 as some have said...
Stock w/19" Wheels, stealth K40 front and rear
Boxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #18

Hey, I like your wheels. Lowering really does make the car look more aggresive, I highly recomend it. I have no rubbing issue on either end of the car, these are actually set up pretty nice, right out to the fender with no rubbing inside or out. I did need to hold back the brake cables on the inside of the fender, but it was no big deal. The info on who and where i got them from was a couple of posts back. Now all I need to do is figure out how to use one of my pictures for a AVATAR. I would probobly use the 914-6 just to cause a stink!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #19

hows the stebro exhaus...any resonance issures?

C
mr986tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:55 AM   #20

Not sure yet on the exhaust, I should be putting it on between now and the weekend. As long as it doesn't sound like a Honda I will be happy. I did notice that they have a new sound clip for it on a Boxster S on E-bay, and I think it sounds killer! But that just my ass, and asses are like opinions, everybody has one, but you might not like all of them!