Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #1

not a another exhaust question

Hi fellows,
I currently have GHL exhaust in my 00 Boxster S but thinking of swaping it for a Cargraphic exhaust (loud version) with FAB Speed cat bypass. The BPH gain will be about 8-15 BPH. Really! Hoping my car will sing like a GT3 .
Anyone here have any experience with Cargraphic exhaust?

porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #2

I do! I swapped out the GHL and replaced with the loud, export version of the Cargraphic exhaust. Mine is 2.7 base model, but sound wise, GHL is much louder, Cargraphic is "more porsche", if u know what I mean. Cargraphic has no resonance and build quality is much much much better than GHL. I'm unsure about HP gain, I was told a few HP, but can't feel it. If you want a very loud, race car exhaust, keep the GHL, but if you want a louder Boxster, then get the Cargraphic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheracer
Hi fellows,
I currently have GHL exhaust in my 00 Boxster S but thinking of swaping it for a Cargraphic exhaust (loud version) with FAB Speed cat bypass. The BPH gain will be about 8-15 BPH. Really! Hoping my car will sing like a GT3 .
Anyone here have any experience with Cargraphic exhaust?
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:23 AM   #3

Thanks for the info!. When you left off the gas pedal do you get the back fire sound with the Cargraphic?
This weekend I'm planing on installing a FAB Speed cat bypas with my GHL.. Also looking into Cold air Intake.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:53 AM   #4

yes, I can hear the bubble sound when I lift off the pedals, just not as loud as GHL's. I also have the EVO intake, so I donno if that overshadows some of Cargraphic's sound at WOT. With the combo of EVO intake, GIAC and Cargraphic, I feel the car is a bit stronger than before. I don't have bypass pipes, maybe that's next
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #5

I hear alot of good things about the cargraphic, where does one get one in the US and what is the cost?

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #6

thanks man..that is the sound i'm looking for. my ghl exhaust does not make the backfire sound but this weekend i'm installing a fab speed cat bypass plus evo intake. hoping to get a gt3 sound.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:46 PM   #7

do you have a sound clip of your cargraphic exhaust? thank you.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm750
I hear alot of good things about the cargraphic, where does one get one in the US and what is the cost?

Patrick

check out the cargraphic site and will list dealers by country.